Motivation and Behavior in Information Systems
In business informatics, various models are used to investigate the connection between motivation and behavior. Studies such as the Technology Acceptance Model (TAM) and other models such as TAM2, Utaut, TAM3 and UTAUT2 as well as the Theory Planned Behavior Model investigate effects on motivation.
The so-called technology acceptance models under searches like the name self-explanatory especially the acceptance of information technologies. While the original model of the Theory of Planned Behavior (TPB) focuses on the impact of human behavior. The acceptance of a certain technology depends on the behavior. Therefore, it is a subset of the TPB theory.
- Ajzen, I. 1991. "The Theory of Planned Behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes (50:2), 12, pp. 179-211.
- Davis, F.D. 1986. "A Technology Acceptance Model for Empirically Testing New End-User Information Systems - Theory and Results." Cambridge: Messachussets Instiute of Technology.
- Perugini, M., and Bagozzi, R.P. 2001. "The Role of Desires and Anticipated Emotions in Goal‐Directed Behaviours: Broadening and Deepening the Theory of Planned Behaviour," British Journal of Social Psychology (40:1), pp. 79-98.
- Venkatesh, V., and Davis, F. 2000. "A Theoretical Extension of the Technology Acceptance Model: Four Longitudinal Field Studies," Management Science (46:2), pp. 186-204.
- Venkatesh, V., Morris, M.G., Davis, G.B., and Davis, F. 2003. "User Acceptance of Information Technology: Toward a Unified View," MIS Quarterly (27:3), pp. 425-478.
- Venkatesh, V., and Bala, H. 2008. "Technology Acceptance Model 3 and a Research Agenda on Interventions," Decision Sciences (39:2), pp. 273-315.
- Venkatesh, V., Thong, J.Y.L., and Xu, X. 2012. "Consumer Acceptance and Use of Information Technology: Extending the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology," MIS Quarterly (36:1), pp. 157-178.
- Ajzen, I., and Driver, B.L. 1992. "Application of the Theory of Planned Behavior to Leisure Choice," Journal of Leisure Research (24:3), pp. 207-224.
- Parker, D., Manstread, A., and Stadling, S. 1995. "Extending the Theory of Planned Behavior. The Role of Personal Norm," British Journal of Social Psychology (34), pp. 127-137.